Members share these types of costs:
- Inpatient or Outpatient hospital treatment or surgery for a medically diagnosed condition
- Doctor’s visits related to each medical incident
- Prescriptions 45 days before and after each related medical incident or encounter
- Physical therapy and home health care for each related medical incident
- All medical expenses incurred per incident over the Single, Couple or Family Annual Unshared Amount. A medical expense eligible for sharing must exceed the member’s cumulative Annual Unshared Amount ($500 for a single member, $1,000 for a couple, or $1,500 for a family). These amounts are calculated upon each member’s enrollment date until their next annual renewal date.
These are the kinds of costs that are NOT shared by Liberty Direct members:
- Expenses related to designated pre-existing conditions for the first 12 months of participation. If you are subject to this limitation, you will be notified following receipt of your enrollment application.
- Dental/Vision services or procedures (Liberty Direct Members are provided with a third-party discount program for dental and vision.)
- Medical costs less than the Single, Couple or Family Annual Unshared Amount
Detailed medical cost sharing guidelines can be viewed in the official Liberty Healthshare Sharing Guidelines document.